Laundry attendant also may be responsible for cleaning guests’ personal items if the hotel offers a cleaning service.
For personal items, a laundry attendant must follow specific instructions for laundering and drying.
The laundry attendant job description template is optimized for posting on career sites and job boards and is easily customizable for your company.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on a consistent basis
- Experience required
- Flexible schedule and reliable
- Must be a fast pace worker and work well with others
- Multi-tasking skills
- Sort all linens and treat stains
- Load all laundry into washer and add specified cleaning agents
- Take wet, clean items and dry as directed
- Sort and fold or hang clean dried items
- Maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies and communicate needs to general manager
- Maintaining all laundry equipment and inform facilities manager as to any maintenance needs
- Perform additional laundry services when necessary
The Environmental Services Technician III performs daily cleaning tasks of resident apartments, assisted living units, the skilled nursing facility, common areas, rest rooms, offices, clinic areas and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Housekeeping Department.
- The Environmental Services Technician III follows cleaning schedule and completes all items on daily log.
- Dusts, mops, and wet mops floors
- Cleans patient rooms, bathrooms, showers, windows, etc. as instructed
- The Environmental Services Technician III moves furniture, tables, chairs, etc. and dusts tables, televisions, fixtures, and paintings.
- Vacuums carpets, mops floors.
- Cleans, disinfects, and makes up beds as directed
- The Environmental Services Technician III keeps carts and storerooms clean and orderly, and keeps all chemicals and cleaning agents under control and away from residents.
- Delivers dirty linen and return clean linens from laundry as needed, and reports all necessary repairs
- Washes, dries, sorts and folds laundry; washes, dries and sorts personal laundry for residents and delivers to floors.
- Performs any additional tasks as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- After initial training, must demonstrate ability to utilize supplies, tools, and equipment properly
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with staff, colleagues, and supervisors
- Ability to understand, follow, and give instructions